Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Incubation of Possiblility

This painting is part of my new series "Elemental Forces". The nest is made of dried corn silk from my organic vegetable garden. My friends nicknamed this painting "Chicken Mama" because I had just gotten my beautiful 10 "Gypsy Chicks".  I have 6 different breeds of chickens and I just love them all. And I have lots of eager buyers for their organic eggs....
Big Announcement: this painting has been selected to be in Nancy Reyner's newest art how-to book!! (www.nancyreyner.com) Nancy is a best selling author and her new book, "Acrylic Illuminations" demonstrates techniques with examples of artists work. In this painting, if you walk from side to side, the skirt will change color and will shift from white to an iridescent violet. I used Golden's violet interference paint and it's pure Magic! I also used gold leaf and iridescent bronze, gold and silver paint. Very exciting to be part of Nancy's newest book1

No comments:

Post a Comment