Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Putting Up Food

Yesterday Emily Van Cleve interviewed me for the Journal North newspaper for an article called "Putting Up Food". It was about my large organic vegetable garden and I shared simple and easy tips I have learned over the years for preserving food. I mean, as much as I love those zucchini's, after awhile, what is a same person to do with all of them?? I made zucchini pickles this year and everyone loves them, they have turmeric that turns them golden and mustard seeds, dry mustard and apple cider vinegar. Google Zuni Cafe Zucchini Pickles to get the recipe. Also, I froze lots of zucchini nut bread and I'll post that recipe tomorrow. I also made jars of apricot jam this year, dried all kinds of herbs, made and froze pesto, and stored garlic, onions, potatoes,etc. Whew! I am grateful for all the abundance, especially this year and I'm tired, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment